AnnaDoesAmsterdam

Friday, September 08, 2006

Rijksmuseum

When I'm hungover I like to go to a museum. I find myself so dead and tired that I can stand, stare, and fully appreciate the artwork in front of me. This was alright in Toronto's ROM, but it's so much cooler here in Amsterdam. I can enjoy a Rembrandt, Monet and Van Gogh all side by side at the Rijksmuseum.

Outside the Rijksmuseum: (I have a similar photo from my visit 3 years ago; the musuem was under construction even then)













Disclaimer: I am not hungover in this picture, nor have I been during any of my visits to Amsterdam's museums thus far.

Fun fact: I've been obsessed with living in Amsterdam since I came here 3 years ago (most of you already knew this). Here's a funny entry in my LiveJournal from last year, October 4th:
penguinanna.livejournal.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Sofie Rycken said...

It looks like you're having a fabulous time - that's awesome :)
I hope to come up and visit soon so I can see it all live!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow seeing your photos and reading your stories is making me more and more excited about my trip next year! When I visit we must go shopping in that fun little market, get drunk in your castle pub, and when we wake up hung over, go and "understand" art.

CIUT misses you Anna!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home