AnnaDoesAmsterdam

Sunday, April 15, 2007

In Search of Tulips - April 14

In our search for adventure, Jacqui and I decided to take our bikes on the train to Haarlem, and from there on a bike ride through the Dutch country side to see some flowers. Over the course of the day we did about 35km. One of the bike paths we ended up on was extreme...


We found tulips, and were even able to go for a walk through some fields...





As we cycled on, we looked at the map and realized we were very close to the famous Keukenhof gardens, so we decided to check it out. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I've posted loads of photos, so you can get a small idea of what the place is like. When Jac and I saw this part we both looked at eachother and said "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!"






Keukenhof's Next Top Models










We spent the whole day cycling and looking at flowers and it was one of the best days ever. Later that night I went to my friend Elysia's cat's birthday party. We stayed up late and I had my bike to get home, but my friend Nyree didn't, and since the trams had stopped running, I decided to try (again) to cart someone (past experiments were disasterous, although I'm good on sitting on the back of other's bikes). Well, tonight was a special night. For the first time I carted someone on the back of my bike through the city. I am Dutch. And that's thanks to my amazing "cycling through tulip fields" talent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home