AnnaDoesAmsterdam

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sam and Anna Do Amsterdam

I just had my American cousin Sam visit me for a few days, and of course, we did Amsterdam.

But we also took a day trip to the city of Leiden, where the country's oldest university is located. Rembrandt was born and grew up in Leiden as well.


Very narrow alleys...


And a really cool windmill museum.

Back in Amsterdam, we went to the CoBrA Museum, formed by artists from Copenhagen, Brussels and Amsterdam (get it? first letters) after WWII to promote abstract art. They had a cool exhibition on advertising.

Now I'm frantically getting ready for Rock Werchter, I leave on Thursday! It's going to be an awesome festival, but right now it's raining and only 15 degrees (30 in Toronto; how can Canada be warmer?)!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Corina Milic said...

Seriously - I was like, why are you all in jackets and scarfs?!

Miss you Anna!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home