AnnaDoesAmsterdam

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Museum Night, The Matrix and France

Even though I live in Amsterdam, the coolest city in the world, you can't help getting sucked into the routine that is daily life. The last week of my life has been spent wrapped in an essay on the Matrix. It's great writing about film, and the Matrix, but when professors give no directions at all, it really becomes a loaded film to tackle. Needles to say, I watched the Matrix twice in 48h. It got to the point that I would wake up in the morning, tired and not feeling like going to school, and think to myself: "There is no spoon. There is no school". Even worse, I almost convinced myself it was true a few times.

We also had Museum Night on Saturday November 4th. Museums around the city were open until 2am, serving alcohol and many "what the fuck" installations. What I call a WTF installation is the advertisement of robotic guinnea-pig races, only to show up at the gallery to be confronted by a few scared and REAL guinnea-pigs. Obviously they don't have laws against false advertising.

But after handing my essay in today I can say "To hell with it, I'm going to France!" Actually I planned this trip a few weeks ago, I'm going to Lille to visit a Canadian friend. How cool is that? I can just go to France, it's only a 6 hour bus ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corina Milic said...

how do you say, jealous?

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home