AnnaDoesAmsterdam

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pre-Christmas in Poland, Nov 24 - Dec 4

I finally got back to Amsterdam on Monday morning, and had to immediately start on a major presentation for class; it was on Baz Luhrmann, Romeo & Juliet and Moulin Rouge. I was also working on a non-UVA project, gathering information about some of Amsterdam's important, but no longer existant, movie theatres. I did an interview for the project on Wednesday and presented it on Friday, and that went really well.

This weekend I headed off to the last uni party of the year, which was lame as usual, but in a way I managed to have fun. Now I have time to post some pics from Poland:


Flying over the Netherlands. Check out all the canals.











Manufaktura is a new shopping complex built in the old factory buildings in the city I was born in, Lodz. The EU built this massive complex to attract tourists to the city. It's a beautiful complex with many exclusive shops and restaurants, and the prices are the same as in Canada, which makes me wonder how many Polish people can actually afford it. It's nice that they renovated the old, beautiful factory buildings, but unfortunately only a small part of the city looks like this.











Since I flew out from Krakow, I spent the weekend there when my flight got cancelled. Street musicians in traditional clothes.











Krakow's famous Christmas market.











And by night

1 Comments:

Blogger Corina Milic said...

:( I want to bundle up and walk around looking at Christmas lights.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home